Wednesday, March 15, 2006

well, i am still up, rather unwisely, having just begun to recover from the last few days illness. But i have just finished reading a novel for class. Not bad, for Can lit, but bloody depressing. I have no immediate desire to sleep with that on my Brain.

In other news, honesty is, i have decided, the greatest thing ever. Well, at the very least, it is rare and refreshing. To be able to discuss a delicate matter openly, like a mature adult, is an incredible relief. I hate dancing around real issues with hints and implications. I hate decoding polite-speak, and the even more nefarious I-don't-want-to-hurt-your-feelings-speak. I hate games. And I hate waiting. Even when the result of such open discussion is a mild dissapointment, a weight is lifted just having the cards face up on the table. Even when I see I have a losing hand. I feel relieved, relaxed, freer.

I think this may signal a policy shift for Jeremythepolite.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

But will you at least still play the lute?

Chuck said...

Screw JeremythePolite, make way for JeremytheAsskickingPsychohosebeast!

Nietzsche's Girl said...

TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Brutal honesty is ALWAYS the best way. Geez, why does noone ever believe me?!