Monday, November 21, 2005

well, that was silly. I let myself be goaded into going to a meeting tonight largely because someone i had some interest in was present. This someone turned out to be married, a determination that was not difficult to make, and i found myself oblidged to remain through the proceedings, though i will somewhat sheepishly admit that i lost interest after that. I wound up in a group with a late-night infomercial- style hyper- enthusiast for the night.I felt duly chastised for my selfishly motivated, fake 'volunteerism'. I still feel a desire to get back involved with something resembling the 'ministry' in the sense that hasn't been part of my life for a while. I'm not sure this group is my cup of tea, however, and i think i knew that before i went, and probably would have looked elsewhere, without additional enticements. Again, i feel silly.

I'm not really in that much of a hurry to get back into that sort of thing. I don't want to be anyway...Having a 'distraction' would make me less of a 'pest' about some things, but, risking a cliche, i really need to focus on me right now.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Holy snapping crap! I totally understood every word you said! Either you're slipping or I am strating to get you man...or it's the copious amounts of caffiene. Either way perhaps the spoon has been waylayed...for now...