Thursday, October 13, 2005

So i'm writing this post from my NEW LAPTOP... Yeah, that's right, i have a shiny new item with wireless, a DVD player, twice the speed, twice the memory...OK, so its not completely new, its second hand, and it isn't really that shiny (just kind of black...) and it only set me back $300...that's because my old laptop ( less than 30 days old) got traded in fot it. Don't get me wrong, i was pretty darn excited about my old laptop, especially arriving as it did, utterly unexpected on my birthday with my friends chipping in and all- that was really special. And it served me well. But i have just a LITTLE bit of expendable cash right now, and i couldn't resist trading up. I know, conspicous comsumption is not attractive. I'm not bragging, i'm happy. I have a new toy -it feels much better to type on- it will be with me for much late night paper-writing.
speaking of which- I finished my semiotic analysis of The Canopy...at ten-fifteen this morning. I started around 4 pm yesterday and worked straight through. It was torturous- i couldn't seem to bring my ideas together. I'm not happy with it- it could have been so much better-i was so tired writing parts of it that i'm afraid to take a second look. That's really not something i ever want to put myself through again- not so much the sleepless ordeal ( i sometimes do that for a good book) but the feeling of having to turn in something that was so much less than it could hhave been. GGrrr. No one but myself to blame, and i have to admit, people who could be saying "I told you so" have been spectacularily gracious about it.
You know that new work ethic i was talking about? Still needs some work.

2 comments:

J Man said...

Hey Jer.... semiotic paper on the Canopy?? I'd be interested in reading it - is that a posibility? You can email it to me if you want - you can get my email addy off the Canopy website (look under members in the descussion forum).

David Edward said...

tell me how long it take to get used to the new keyboard and internal mouse thing I am phobic about laptops, already being a bad typist and losing things - i fear I would be a worse typist, and lose the machine somewhere.