Tuesday, July 05, 2005

maybe it's not all QUITE so bad....

Ok, I know those were apallingly depressing and bleak, and it's been a while since I've posted, so people could think I'm in really rough shape. Those two posts, i should asure you, represent a low point that i have since substantially ascended from. I was greiving for the loss of a relationship, and for the loss of some associated dreams, and dealing with the fallout from some ugly personal failings. While things are not "back to normal"( thankfully- "normal" for me has not been are real swell place) I am doing better. My additude has been helpfully adjusted, i've been encouraged and reminded of some of what i have to be thankfully for by the wise, compassionate concern of good friends near and far, and the relationship in question, while certainly changed, probably for the best, is not as utterly destroyed as i thought it might have been. There is grace even for my stupidity and selfishness, and as i finally come back to a place where i can no longer pretend i have my life figured out and under control, i find God is not so distant, the God i knew has been quietly reminding me of his presence.

I can say quite a bit more, but I am out of time...so stay tuned for some slightly more cheerful stuff.

3 comments:

Chuck said...

Yeah, sunshine and butterflies!

Paul Seburn said...

Hey Jeremy,

Glad to hear you didn't get a divorce and are still together.

Paul

Rach said...

Maybe not sunshine and butterflies, but at least not storm clouds and earthworms. I think we're more at partly sunny and caterpillers (ok, why do I even comment?) Good to hear you're wrestling in the positve Jeremy.